It's Friday, you know the drill. Quick Takes - go see Jen to join in and to read all the better submissions.
1. I have a "stayed up too late doing absolutely nothing but watching TV and surfing the internet" hangover this morning. It seems like I can either be super productive during the day and then turn into a slug at night, or I can be less productive during the day and then churn out some work once Josiah is in bed. But not both. Which, reasonable Amy says that's reasonable, I am pregnant and tired and can only do so much, right? But when I work from home on top of all the regular domestic duties, I feel constant pressure to be making the most of every moment. There is always something to do! This doesn't mean I always give into that pressure - just that any downtime I do take, deserved or not, is impinged upon by feelings of guilt and anxiety. I am sure none of you knows what I am talking about. *snort*
2. One of the things that is distracting me from being productive is looking at houses and condos online. Realtor.com is now always open in my browser. And every day I find a new HOUSE THAT WE HAVE TO BUY RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE IT IS THE ONE AND SOMEONE ELSE IS GOING TO GET IT FIRST and then I mentally construct an entire life around living in said house. This is how my mind works. It can be very frustrating.
3. My love affair with Costco continues. They recently added these to our store, and I am so pleased I am actually writing about it on my blog. (Wow.)
They are a pretty big hit around here.
And the nutritional info gets my approval.
Did you know that the ingredients list on the nutrition panel not only tells you what is in your product, but that the ingredients are listed in order of the proportional amount of what is in the product, from greatest to least? Well, the top two ingredients in these bad boys are zucchini and carrot. Which sets these muffins apart from other "veggie" products I have been bamboozled into buying, where the vegetable ingredient is like number seven on the list, leading me to believe there is probably a grand total of about 15 whole molecules of vegetable in the entire serving. Anyway, I don't plan on these taking the place of homemade muffins, which I try to make at least once a week, but they are a very very good backup.
4. I am SO not the person to ask about photography or technology or anything graphic design related. So offering my suggestions is quite ludicrous. Nevertheless, I have been meaning to mention, for anyone curious, the apps I use when I take pictures with my iPhone. (Pretty much the only way I take pictures.) (Which I know is not ideal, but the alternative would be taking ZERO pictures, so.) Anyway, I share my photos on Instagram, and use Instagram to do some editing. But I prefer Afterglow for editing and for sharing on Twitter. Afterglow has some really good filters, better borders, and actually embeds the image into your tweets instead of just providing a link. If I want to make a collage, I use PicStitch. And if I want to add text, I use Phonto. There, you know everything I know.
5. I'm just a few episodes away from being completely done with Friday Night Lights. I don't even know what I am going to do with myself when it's over. (Melodramatic overstatement.)
6. Getting some free maternity photos taken this weekend, as a favor to a friend of a friend who has been in business for just about a year and still didn't have any maternity photos in her portfolio. I will share them with you only if they turn out not humiliating. Not that they would be humiliating because of the photographer! No, she is awesome, but you can only do so much with your subject matter. So, we'll see.
7. Oops, the babysitter is almost off-duty (he's big, he's purple, he's a dinosaur, he's great), so I better wrap this up. Happy Friday.