1. Let's get these QTs off on a good foot, shall we? Because I feel the grotesque need to share my abject horror with you: last night I had a dream about a centipede that was crawling all around my basement that looked exactly like this:
...EXCEPT IT WAS THE LENGTH AND WIDTH OF MY ARM. Deep breath. Meanwhile, as this god-forsaken monster slithered all over everything, I flailed about in hysterics calling for my mommy, as you would expect. Seriously - worst nightmare. I think my brain is trying to torture me.
2. And now if you need something to counterbalance that horrifying image in your mind, how about an oldie but a goodie?
Would you look at those chub thighs? *sigh* I have been revisiting Josiah's baby pictures lately, and it almost causes me physical pain to see and remember him as a baby, and then to realize that baby is gone forever. Motherhood is heartbreaking, y'all.
3. Recommended Reading: Mark Driscoll Isn't My Pastor - a very fine article over at Deeper Church written by Lore Ferguson. Basically she writes about why she doesn't spend time publicly calling out Christian pastors whom she disagrees with. Of course there is a place for speaking out against wrongs and injustices....but she makes an excellent case for minding your own house. Wise words.
4. Recommended Reading #2: When You Say to Me Pro-Life - a blog post written by Preston Yancey a few months back, but I only just stumbled across it this week. I am not sure I endorse 100% of everything he says, but I agree with so so much of it, and find it to be so beautifully expressed, that I wish I had written it.
5. I have decided for the umpteenth time to give doing a daily office of prayer another try. Even if I am distracted half the time, I think starting and ending my day with a rhythm of Scripture-prayer (not study) is obviously a good thing. This time I am trying the shorter version of Phyllis Tickle's The Divine Hours, which I downloaded on my Kindle. I didn't want to invest in anything more costly before being sure if it is something I can stick with. Very doubtful, but I am going to be foolishly optimistic and try anyway. In keeping with my word for the year - I need some kind of daily check-in with God that is more substantive than "hey, God!"
6. Have I mentioned on this blog yet that we are currently obsessed with Friday Night Lights? No? Well, WE ARE CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS. I know, only a few years behind on this one. Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose, amirite?!
7. Thanks to the generosity of a friend, I am going to be getting professional maternity photos done again for this pregnancy. I was definitely not planning on paying for any myself, so I am very grateful and will probably be even more grateful to have them in the future. But I am not feeling as super cute this pregnancy as I was last time, and I fear any photographic documentation beyond the occasional, hazy, Instagram selfie.
Have a great, centipede-free weekend, my lovelies! xoxo